Night Safety Transit
WELCOME TO THE SIU NIGHT SAFETY TRANSIT PAGE
TRACK THE NST VANS WITH TRANSLOC MOBILE APP!
Free Night Safety app now available for students
If you don't have the app, you can still call for a ride at (618) 453-2212.
Night Safety Transit is a unit of the Dean of Students and NST was established as a courtesy service in the spring of 1980 to provide a safe means of transportation for SIU students both on and off campus.
*Night Safety Transit does NOT provide rides to local businesses.
We stop accepting calls 15 minutes before closing.
During University Breaks (Holiday, Fall Break, Thanksgiving Break, Winter Break & Spring Break), Night Safety Transit is closed.
For further information please:
- read our Frequently Asked Questions guide for answers to frequently asked questions, or
- call the Assistant Dean of Students Office (4th Floor Student Services Building) office from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Monday-Friday at (618) 453-1492, or
- call during evening hours phone Night Safety Transit at (618) 453-2212.
Student Employee Application
WE ARE CURRENTLY NOT HIRING STUDENT WORKERS.
Please complete the online form and submit. Your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted by the Assistant Dean of Students if chosen for an interview.
Services may be canceled due to hazardous weather. For further information call the NST phone number and listen to the announcement. If during regular business hours (Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm), call the Assistant Dean of Students office (4th floor of Student Services Building, Rm. 488) at (618) 453-1492. We may have shut down due to inclement weather or some other reason. Please go to the SIU Facebook or Twitter pages for information regarding possible closure.
- To the North: Willow Street (by the Southern Illinoisan newspaper)
- To the South: The Reserves on US 51 South
- To the West: Tower Road
- To the East: Giant City Road
Average Wait Time
The average wait for a ride is 15-25 minutes depending upon weather conditions and the number of incoming calls.