Dean of Students Main Content
The Dean of Students unit actively partners with the campus community to provide transformational, holistic programs and services that challenge and empower students to learn, serve, and succeed. We contribute to the mission of the University by offering programs, services, and support, and by making referrals, all with student learning and success at the core of our work.
Units reporting to the Dean of Students include the Center for Inclusive Excellence (Black, LGBTQ, Hispanic, and Women’s Resource Centers), Fraternity & Sorority Life, Non-Traditional Student Services, Student Involvement, Student Rights & Responsibilities, Students Legal Assistance, Saluki Cares, Night Safety Transit, and Veterans Services.
Congratulations to Allen Shelton on being elected SIU Carbondale Student Trustee!
Congratulations to the new Undergraduate Student Government officers:
- Kevin Gettis, President
- Shionda Carlisle, Vice President
- Raheam Hudson, Chief of Staff
Congratulations to the new Graduate & Professional Student Council officers:
- Brandon Woudenberg, President
- Willie Lyles, III, Vice President of Administrative Affairs
- Amanda Barnard, Vice President of Academic Affairs
Congratulations to the following RSO Award Winners:
- Most Improved RSO – Black Togetherness Organization
- Outstanding Philanthropic Initiative – Sigma Kappa Sorority’s Annual Purple Vino Affair
- Outstanding Program/Event – The Saluki Life Carnival
- Outstanding RSO Advisor – Tamarah Dixon
- Outstanding RSO – The Association of Technology Management & Engineering
- Outstanding RSO Officer – Chris Wolfersheim, Saluki Rainbow Network
- Spirit of Inclusion & Diversity – Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity
- Drum Major Instinct – AJ Soriano of Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity and B. Rael Ali
- Steve Harris Outstanding Treasurer – Katelyn Tobin, Treasurer for Delta Zeta sorority
- Dr. Katie Award – Ashley Stegall, Residence Hall Association